Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Singh Modi delivers a special keynote speech at US-India Strategic Partnership (USISP) Forum 2020 via video conference. It is the 4th day of the 3rd Annual Leadership Summit. This 5-day Summit has begun on the 31st of August.
The US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) is a non-profit organization that works for the strategical and economical partnership between India and the United States of America.
Union ministers and some of the senior key officials are also joining in this virtual summit. Minister of External Affairs of India S Jaishankar, Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal, Vice President of the United States of America Mike Pence, and former top Indian-American diplomat Nikki Haley have joined in the virtual conference.
The former executive chairman and CEO of Cisco Systems Mr. John T. Chambers have started the video conference. He has also worked as a commissioner for the Broadband Commission for Digital Development. He praised Modi as one of the most powerful leaders in the world now.
PM Modi started the speech said “When 2020 began, did anyone imagine how it would pan out? A global pandemic has impacted everyone. It’s testing our resilience, public health system, and economic system. The current situation demands a fresh mindset where the approach to development is human-centric,”.
PM Modi mainly addressed India’s current situations such as,
- 2nd largest PPE kit manufacturers in the world
- Apart from COVID-19 fighting against floods, two cyclones, and locusts attacks.
- From 1 testing lab of COVID-19 to 1600 testing labs across the country
- The lowest death rates of COVID-19 per million in the world
- 80 Crore people are being given grain for FREE
- 80 million people are being given cooking gas for FREE
The virtual conference includes other various subjects such as,
- India’s potential in becoming a global manufacturing hub
- Opportunities in India’s gas market
- Ease of doing business to attract FDI in India
- Common and challenges in tech space
- Indo-Pacific economic issues
- Innovation in public health
- Ongoing going work on the world’s largest housing program
- Transparency on the Tax system
Dr. Mukesh Aghi is the President and Chief Executive Officer of The US-India Strategic Partnership Forum thanked PM Modi At the end of the video conference. He thanked him for his vision of ‘ATMANIRBHAR BHARAT’ and connecting India’s manufacturing to the global supply chain.